Thursday, February 19, 2009

Welcome to the Gophers Limited Blog!
My intention here is to help you solve your animal pest problems without using poisons. Poisons can have harmful effects on children other non target animals and pollute our precious water supplies.
My business has been working with all kinds of people from backyard gardeners, to farmers, landscapers and thousand acre vineyards and public areas, solving animal and human interactions that are troublesome.
My focus, when Gophers Limited started was just gophers and moles and now am working with any animal. I love the diversity of this job, the many beautiful environments I work in, the incredible animals, and the great people I have met along the way.
I will start this commentary with a little information about controlling gophers. I give many lectures on this topic to a wide audience. I have to be pragmatic about gopher and most rodent populations though. If there is excess food in the environment then populations will increase. This is easy to see with rats, for example, if you raise chickens, the some of the food ends up on the ground and it attracts rats. Soon there are many rats and you need to do something to bring the population back in check. Gophers are the same and the excess food is your garden, lawn or favorite roses. By creating a garden or landscape you have given the gophers the signal to multiply. You have a few options, you can fence them out, figure a way to make it unpleasant enough for them to leave or you will have to trap them. remember that gopher populations are a balance in nature, so you may not be able to just keep them at bay, you may have to manage the herd.
What ever you do I would love to hear about it and discuss the strategy on this blog.
More later and welcome,
Thomas
PS Visit my web site for more about me and Gophers Limited

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or even start a dialog. I simply want to help you solve your problem without resorting to poisons.